Introduction...

Many people have said that the ‘Tour du Canada’ is a “journey and not a destination”. The past 2.5 months has been a journey of many respects. It has been physical journey as I regularly climbed on my bike and over the course of 72 days migrated from west to east over 7,500 kilometers of Canada’s vast geographic expanse - from the Pacific to the Atlantic. It has also been an emotional and, dare I say it, ‘spiritual’ journey. A journey through which I feel I have ‘discovered’ Canada and come to better understand how I fit into the social and cultural geography of a country for which I long proudly claim citizenship but hardly knew.


Aug 30, 2008

"Everywhere Man..." - an epilogue of sorts...


Composed and sung by the 74 Day Tour du Canada 2000*
The origin of that version on the web can be found on the Cycle Canada website: http://www.cyclecanada.com/Wevebeeneverywhereman.html

No comments: